10 Questions with Jerry Damage!
This week Jerry interviews Jammies of Team Next Level!!!
Welcome to 10 Questions with Jerry Damage. This is a weekly player interview to get to know some of the players and personalities around the league better than just someone who’s name we’ve seen on the website. For this first interview, we start off with the captain of Team Next Level, Jammies.
2. Other than playing Hearthstone, what do you usually do to have some fun or relax?
Jammies: I also play Overwatch and Fortnite, listen to music, play soccer or watch sports. I like exploring new things in cities: food, historical sites, landmarks, etc.
3. What’s your history with CCGs? Is HS your first?
Jammies: I played Yu-Gi-Oh in high school. I never played it seriously, but I understood the rules. Never tried to follow the meta or even know what that was back then. Then I played this game called Urban-Rivals that was a small CCG. I got pretty good at that, but it was never very serious. HS is by far the best CCG I've played.
4. How long have you been playing Hearthstone?
Jammies: I've been playing HS just prior to the release of Blackrock Mountain. My first card back is from April 2015.
5. You’ve been around the league since SHL Season 3, what first brought you to THL/SHL?
Jammies: I'm part of the Next Level community which is a discord server for players that have reached legend rank. They needed people for the team and I said I would participate. Then we transitioned to Rag and now I'm the captain of both teams.
6. What’s kept you with THL for so long?
Jammies: It's relaxed, but you can get really invested in it. You're only committing to one game a week, but you can put a lot of prep into it.
7. This is your 4th season in Sylv and second in Ragnaros. Which format do you prefer?
Jammies: I like Sylvanas better. It leaves more room for creative archetypes and techs. Ragnaros is almost always limited to meta decks or tournament lineups.
8. You’ve been a captain in the league for awhile now. Every captain has different criteria that they use to build their roster. What do you value in a player that you’re looking to recruit to Team Next Level?
Jammie: They get moved to the top of the list if they've hit legend and are part of our community That's hard because of PR limits, so we have to recruit outside our community. We have weekly meetings for both teams and being able to make those is a key part of my recruitment process. I also want people that are competitive and are looking to improve. No one is perfect at this game and no one is an expert with all decks.
9. What card that rotated out of Standard do you miss most?
Jammies: Dirty Rat for sure. I prefer control decks and losing dirty rat makes certain matchups unwinnable without that little guy.
10. If you could pick 1 card from Hearthstone to represent you as a player, what would you pick and why?
Jammies: I would pick Rin, the First Disciple. This is because I enjoy alternate win conditions (e.g. fatigue, exhausting opponent of resources) and Rin is a win condition by herself. That's awesome!
That’s it for this week. Thank you Jammies for letting me interview and look forward to another player interview next week.
The THL blog is curated and edited by THL's Content Managers. All THL members are welcomed and encouraged to pitch ideas for articles they would like to see on the site. If you have an idea, please reach out to LotusKnight on Discord or via the THL Help email address: email@example.com